Sam Beng: Pilot Water Supply Projects
Within the framework of the Thai-German Village Development Programme, which is grant-aided by the Federal Republic of Germany through Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau, three pilot water supply projects were implemented in the north-eastern part of Thailand.
The goal of the project was to test relatively new treatment methods on village level.
The basic design concept was to find a water supply system which is low in cost & requires little maintenance.
Ban Sam Beng & Khao Wong
- Design population: 631/3 584 capitare-spectively
- Type of raw water source: deep well
- Raw water characteristics: high iron & manganese content
- Type of treatment: aeration & charcoal/sand filtration
- Type of distribution system: water tower & metered house connections
Ban Ngon Gai
- Design population: 2,083 capita
- Type of raw water source: multi-purpose reservoir
- Raw water characteristics: natural & manmade polluted surface water
- Type of treatment: aeration, horizontal-flow roughing filtration & slow sand filtration
- Type of distribution system: water tower & metered house connections.
The result of this project will provide data for design,maintenance & operation concerning village water supply schemes.
Water and Environment
Department of Technical and Economic Cooperation/Bangkok
- Construction Supervision
- Commissioning & Operator Training