Indonesia (nationwide): Modernization and Extension of FM Transmitters
Radio Republic Indonesia (RRI), the public radio broadcasting organization of Indonesia, intends to modernize and to extend its broadcasting network with modern state of the art FM-transmitters (frequency modulation).
RRI produces in total six programs with international (Overseas Program), national (Programs National I and II), regional (Programs Regional I and II) and local (Capital City I and II, Program for Jakarta) coverage.
Programs are broadcasted from 151 RRI stations countrywide and program distribution is mainly based on a satellite network.
The program shall support exclusively the Regional I program by providing transmitters and related equipment and services.
In approx. 16 locations high power transmitters (2 kW – 10 kW) and in approx. 190 location low power transmitters (100 W) shall be provided.
Selection of sites took place according to the so called “blank – spot – approach”, meaning that only sites were no Regional I coverage by FM or AM is available or sites with unreliable coverage (existing AM / FM transmitters > 20 years in service).
Radio Republic Indonesia (RRI), Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau/KfW
- Improvement of RRI’s spare part management system
- Development of standard maintenance procedures for FM equipment
- Development of record keeping and reporting system
- Preparation of O&M instructors for training by the contractor/supplier
- Training of 18 regional FM maintenance engineers
- Supervision of in-service training of O&M
- Preparation of project report
- Supervision of supply and installation of FM equipment
- Assist RRI with mobilization of field teams
- Supervision of field installation and commissioning of FM transmitter
- Identify difficulties and prepare consolidated progress reports
- Prepare field installation and commissioning report
- Prepare project completion report
- Tender preparation and contract award