Thailand (north-eastern): Mobile Sanitary and Health Service
The aim of the project was to improve the public health facilities in the seven border provinces in North-Eastern Thailand.
The project was carried out in cooperation with the Department of Health (DOH) and the local authorities concerned.
To this end mobile building teams of the DOH constructed model sanitary installations ( wells, rainwater tanks, water filters, small-scale water supply facilities, latrines, biogas units) in individual villages, where they were then reproduced on a self-help basis by the local population.
A further component of the project involved design and advisory services on the procurement and installation of three mobile dental clinics which it is planned to operate in three of the border provinces.
Water and Environment
Department of Technical and Economic Cooperation, Bangkok
The tasks performed by DORSCH CONSULT included:
- review and development of standard designs,
- preparation of work programs for the individual
- building teams,
- assessment of building material requirements,
- construction supervision and inspection,
- quality and cost control,
- periodic evaluation of progress of project,
- On-the-job training of local personnel
The services, which DORSCH CONSULT performed in joint venture with its Thai partner Asian Engineering Consultants (AEC), were handled parallel to the “Village Development” Project.