Bangkok: Mass Rapid Transit System
The contract for the study was signed in 1978 between the Expressway and Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (ETA) and the Bangkok MTS Consultants under the leadership of DORSCH CONSULT.
The project was carried out in two phases, the first one comprising the system and network study and the second the detailed design and preparation of tender documents, and covered the three interconnected lines of Rama, Memorial and Sathorn.
The Phase I Report was submitted in November 1979 after a total of 14 study-months.
The preparation of tender documents was completed in 1982.
Transport and Infrastructure
Expressway and Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand
- Economic evaluation of alternative Mass Transit Systems (light rail system, heavy rail system, mono-rail system, elevated bus road system incomparison with the conventional bus system)
- Detailed analysis of alternative networks and of implementation strategies
- Recommendation of an implementation schedule for the first 60 km of MRT lines
- Recommendations on project finance and on the organization required for project implementation and operation
- Preliminary design of the individual system components, i.e. civil engineering design of structures and stations, electro-mechanical engineering design of vehicles, power supply system, signalling and telecommunication system, workshops and marshalling yard facilities.
- Detailed design for the 60 km of MRT lines including rolling stock, equipment, structures, building and operating facilities
- Preparation of tender documents comprising 9 contracts for the supply of rolling stock, equipment and installations and 11 contracts for structural and operating facilities.