Laos (nationalwide): Airport Improvement Project
The purpose of this ADB-financed project is to reconstruct and upgrade airport facilities at Wattay International Airport in Vientiane as well as at 3 major domestic airports throughout Laos, which, being a landlocked country, is aiming to become connected with the international transport network in this way.
The works involved at Vientiane airport mainly involve:
- strengthening existing aircraft pavements and provision of sealed shoulders to the runway and taxiways:
- rehabilitation of the drainage, water supply and sewerage systems;
- renovation of existing terminal buildings;
- provision of new operations/control tower building and a new fire station, power house and airport maintenance workshop;
- rehabilitation of the airport lighting system and improvement to the power supply; and
- upgrading of existing roads and car parks.
DORSCH CONSULT – as lead firm in joint venture with a Dutch consultant – has been retained to assist the National Airports Authority in the preconstruction, procurement and implementation phases of this extensive project.
The emphasis of the consultant ́s responsibility is placed on civil works (for aerodromes, operational buildings and airport terminals) on the one hand and equipment (for air traffic services, aeronautical communications, navigations aids and aeronautical meteorology) on the other.
National Airports Authority, Ministry of Communications, Transport, Post and Construction, Vientiane
- Preparation of design tender documents
- Bid evaluation
- Assistance in contract award
- Construction supervision
- Quality control
- Project management