Bangkok: Airport Bangkok “Suvarnabhumi” (BKK): New construction
The Second Bangkok International Airport (SBIA) is one of the major infrastructure projects undertaken in the region of south-east Asia.
With a total capacity of more than 30 MAP in the first phase and an ultimate capacity of 100 MAP, the new airport will be one of the most important airports in Asia.
SBIA is located at Nong Ngu Hao about 30 km south-east of Bangkok.
The airport facilities to be constructed in an area of 3,200 ha comprise:
- 2 parallel runways for independent use, each 3,700 m , as well as taxiway system and apron Air traffic control complex, incl. tower, 90m high Aircraft maintenance facilities
- Passenger terminal complex
- Cargo terminal and express freight centre
- North access road
- Internal roads
- Polder system
- Fire monitoring and management system
- Catering facilities
- Medical facilities
- Site flood protection and drainage
Dorsch International Consultants
New Bangkok International Airport Ltd (NBIA)
DORSCH CONSULT as leading part of an international Joint Venture is responsible for the construction supervision of the Passenger Terminal Complex (PTC) i.e.:
- Main Terminal Building, with a total floor area of approx. 550,000 sqm, 51 check-in counters, automatic baggage–handling system, special-terminal systems and equipment, including FIDS/BIDS, security check equipment and integrated communications / data system.
- Concourse Building, incl. interior finishes, M&E works, special systems and apron control tower equipment as well as passenger loading-bridges at each contact gate, incl. fixed aircraft ground services such as 400Hz and PCA.
- Art Works for the PTC
- Elevated Front Road (Terminal Curb Side) consisting of terminal frontage roads, curb side at the departure and at the arriving level of the terminal, for all elevated portions of the public roads and at the parking garage structure.